Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Becoming Googlable

This week has been a very "progressive" week in my life with regards to my involvement in social media.  I have never subscribed to social media because I have seen how its addictive nature leads to many lost hours with little or no benefit (which I still believe it true for sites like Facebook and Twitter).  However, I have begun to see the advantages of being "googlable" and have consequently decided to take the plunge into social media by having a personal website and blog.  A growing number of scientific researchers have personal websites to advertise their research and blogs to quickly communicate novel discoveries and ideas.  I hope to follow that model by using my personal website to deploy some of my useful bioinformatics tools and by blogging about interesting scientific ideas.  Hopefully this experimentation with social media will be productive both to myself and others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment